Philip Brain Associates Ltd are now delivering a new Institute of Quarrying Level 3 VQ Certificate in Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Knowledge on behalf of the IQ Academy, exclusively in England & Wales.
The IQ Academy Level 3 VQ Certificate in Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Knowledge for the extractives and mineral processing industries is targeted at:
· Charge/leading hands
· Team leaders
· Potential supervisors
· Upcoming managers
All of whom are looking to further develop their understanding before progressing to a leadership role.
This new Level 3 VQ qualification provides extensive knowledge of the core elements in safety, health and environmental processes and procedures. It also covers key areas such as leadership and communication techniques.
The qualification modules are:
· Factors Contributing to Health and Safety Improvement
· Awareness of Workplace Hazards and Controls
· Awareness of Managing Health and Safety at Mineral Extraction Sites
· Appreciation of Health and Safety Risk Assessments, Legislation and Equipment
· Accident and/or Incident Investigation Procedures
· Emergency Planning and Evacuation Procedures
· Requirements and Processes for Safe Systems and Permits to Work
· Awareness of the Safe Guarding of Machinery
· Legislation and Procedures for Lone Working
· Awareness of Quarry Design and Operation
· Awareness of Environmental Impacts and Training
· Awareness of Communication and Leadership
These essential safety, health and environmental topics will prepare learners for any future management role.
This course is delivered by learners attending 3 tutorial days spaced throughout a 12 month period with distance learning and assignments issued in between the tutorials. Following registration, learning materials for each module are issued on a monthly basis. Each module contains an assessment made up of a number of specific questions to be answered.
This qualification is open to all, with no prior learning requirements and on successful completion entitles the learner to technician membership of the Institute of Quarrying (TIQ).
For further information drop us a line on
Or alternatively contact Manisha Morarr at the Institute of Quarrying: